We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Vegetarian curry
This is a typical Punjabi rajma recipe that is enjoyed by all! Serve with rice or naan. It also goes very well with your favourite chicken or lamb curry.
7 people made this
- 450g (16 oz) red kidney beans
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:8hr soaking › Ready in:8hr30min
- Soak the kidney beans in plenty of water overnight.
- Boil the rajma in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes (or as directed by your manufacturer) with the turmeric powder and salt.
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, tomatoes, onion and cumin seeds. Saute until fragrant.
- Add garam masala, ground coriander, asafoetida and chilli powder and let it simmer for for 2 minutes. Add the cooked rajma; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
by Buckwheat Queen
Very good. I used fenugreek and black salt instead of the heeng, which I can't find in my area. Thank you for the recipe.-12 Apr 2016