We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Apple cake
Great Grandma's recipe for Dorset apple cake. This apple cake makes quite a nice pudding dish with custard.
117 people made this
- 110g (4 oz) margarine or butter
- 225g (8 oz) flour
- 110g (4 oz) sugar
- 55g (2 oz) currants
- 225g (8 oz) chopped apple
- a little milk
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr10min ›Ready in:1hr25min
- Rub fat into flour and add sugar, currants and apple.
- Mix together with milk to make a stiff dough.
- Spread mixture into a greased sandwich tin.
- Cook in a hot oven (220 C / Gas 7) for 10 minutes then turn down the heat to 170 C / Gas 3 and cook for a further hour.
10 minutes on grid shelf on bottom of roasting oven with the cold shelf on second set of runners. Then put cold shelf on middle set of runners in simmering oven and bake cake on top of it for 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (6)
I've got loads of apple recipes but it's always good to try a new one! I reduced the sugar to 70g and we found it sweet enough. Would make this again.-28 Sep 2013
Fantastic easy recipe using a couple of cooking apples which fell off our tree. Lovely and moist, quick to do. Definitely good with hot sweet custard.-18 Sep 2013
Can't decide between a crumble or a pie? Try this instead...it's so scummy. I exchanged currants for raspberries and had to add some extra flour as the mixture got moister than expected but it worked really well. Will defo make this for Sunday pudding again.-15 Nov 2015