We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
This is a Lebanese recipe for tasty lentils and rice. Although I usually prefer white rice in other dishes, brown rice tastes particularly nice in this recipe.
6 people made this
- 4 onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g brown rice
- 100g lentils
- 750ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Chop 1 onion finely. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion for 5-7 minutes until it is lightly browned.
- Rinse lentils and rice under cold water and allow to drain. Pour into the saucepan and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add water, salt and allspice. Bring to the boil, then reduce temperature and cover. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, checking from time to time that there is enough water in the pot. If necessary, add a little bit bit more.
- In the meantime, cut the remaining onions into thin rings and fry in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the finished Mujaddara from heat and let it stand for 10 minutes, then break it up with a fork and mix with the fried onions.