We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Seafood starters
So simple, but so good - steamed clams served in their own liqueur. Serve with a crusty baguette, or over pasta.
381 people made this
- 50 small clams in shell, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 225ml (8 fl oz) white wine
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- handful chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, or until tender. Pour in the white wine. Boil until wine has reduced to half its original volume.
- Add clams, cover, and steam till clams start to open. Add butter, cover, and cook till most or all of the clams open. Discard any that do not open. Transfer clams and juice to 2 large bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(423)
Reviews in English (322)
I made this for dinner for Valentine's day & they were amazing! I used pinot grigio both in the sauce & as an accompaniment & it went exceedingly well. I served this w/ barely buttered, toasted french bread (very good dipped in the sauce) & the pinot grigio. I had other courses planned & ready to eat but we enjoyed this so much that we decided to forego the other courses (we'll have them for dinner tonight). It was simply the best meal I have ever eaten!-21 Jul 2008
Great EASY recipe! Steamed about 15-20 minutes. Served with Ceasar Salad and garlic/butter rice. Make sure you have some good dipping bread! Makes a lot of juice!-21 Jul 2008
Really lovely recipe! I added a bit of chilli with the garlic for a little extra warmth 😁-04 May 2017