We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
This is a fabulously easy pancake recipe with just a handful of ingredients. You can add chopped fresh herbs to the pancake batter, if desired.
4 people made this
- 1 (375g) tin cream style corn
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- butter for frying
- cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves to garnish
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:10min
- Mix creamed corn, flour and egg together until well combined.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and melt butter in pan. Ladle in mixture and wait until bubbles appear on top, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve each cake topped with chopped cherry tomatoes and two basil leaves.
Forget flops with our collection of Pancake videos! We'll show you how to make everything from traditional pancakes to savoury crepes, and more. Watch now!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
I'd recommend if you want to serve this as a savory pancake side dish, go ahead and add some chopped fresh herbs to the batter (as suggested by the recipe author) instead of just garnishing with cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. It also could be served as a breakfast pancake with no herbs (batter thinned out a little) and served with butter and maple syrup. You may have to adjust the batter consistency to suit your preference. I should have added a little milk to mine to thin them out a bit, but that's just personal preference. I like that it can be served a couple different ways, is extremely easy to mix up and cook, and we enjoyed them.-13 Dec 2015
Sounds yum but I haven't seen creamed corn for sale here. Will it work if I use a can of kurnels blended /-18 Nov 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)