- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of beef
- Silverside beef
This is corned beef cooked the way my mum made it. Great alternative for Sunday lunch, or make at the weekend to have to hand for the week's packed lunches. Freeze any leftovers for corned beef hash.
10 people made this
- 1kg beef silverside joint
- 175ml brown vinegar
- 11 cloves
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- water to cover
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr5min
- In a large pot mix the brown vinegar, cloves and dark brown soft sugar, simmer to dissolve dark brown soft sugar.
- Once it is boiling, place the corned beef in the pot and cook on all sided for approximately 4 minutes.
- When all sides have been coloured fill with water, bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Allow 1 hour per kilogram.