We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Chicken soup
This is the perfect chicken soup for the cold winter months. Enjoy as is or alongside rice and Indian curries.
10 people made this
- 500g chicken meat, cubed
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped, divided
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated root ginger
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 1 tablespoon dried curry leaves
- 500ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Put the chicken and the chicken stock into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. At this stage, add the salt, pepper, ground coriander, ground cumin, saffron, tomatoes, half the onion, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and chilli powder. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, heat the groundnut oil and brown the remaining onion with the crumbled curry leaves. When the onions are browned, add the coconut milk. Then pour into the chicken mixture.
- Add the lemon juice to the soup. Bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 15 minutes.